Toyota Highlander Hybrid Interior
According to test drivers, the 2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid has a quiet cabin and an attractive interior design. They note that the cabin features premium materials that wouldn't look out of place in a Lexus. Reviewers appreciate the Highlander Hybrid's spacious seating in the front and middle row, as well as its user-friendly infotainment system.
- "Of course, what you'll use the 2015 Highlander Hybrid for most is ferrying passengers around in comfort, and that's where it truly shines. The cabin remains impressively quiet at speed. …" -- Edmunds
- "In our interior evaluation, the 2015 Highlander gets high marks for dashboard design and materials quality, especially compared to the previous model. Toyota clearly sweated the details this time around, and the result is a palpably premium environment, even in the lower trim levels. The gap between Toyota and Lexus has narrowed considerably here. ..." -- AutoTrader
- "The 2015 Toyota Highlander follows the company's latest design trends for its interior, and we definitely approve. Not only are the front seats comfortable, but there are numerous features that make life inside the Highlander easier." -- Kelley Blue Book
The 2015 Highlander Hybrid seats seven and comes standard with second-row captain’s chairs. Leather upholstery is standard in the first two rows, while the third row features leatherette upholstery. The Highlander Hybrid also comes with front seats that are power-adjustable, heated and ventilated. A heated steering wheel and heated second-row seats are optional. Auto journalists find the front seats spacious, and say the Highlander Hybrid has a quiet highway ride. Reviewers say the second-row seats are also roomy, and note that they slide forward to make it easier to climb into the third row, which they say is best-suited to kids.
- "In back, the second-row seats slide forward farther than before, making third-row access appreciably easier. It's still pretty cramped back there for adults, but the new 3-across bench means that you can carry an extra kid if necessary." -- AutoTrader
- "At speed on the highway, the Toyota Highlander is relatively quiet, especially compared to the Honda Pilot, or even the previous-generation Highlander." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Up front, head, shoulder and legroom are superb." -- Autoblog (2014)
- "The two captain's chairs are quite pleasant, however, and they slide farther forward than they used to, permitting easier access to the third row. Speaking of the way-back, adults will still find it cramped relative to some rivals, but kids will be fine, and the three-across seating in the third row bolsters the Highlander's credentials as a minivan substitute." -- Edmunds
The Toyota Highlander Hybrid comes standard with a power sunroof, tri-zone automatic climate control, a rearview camera, a 12-speaker JBL audio system and Driver Easy Speak, which uses a microphone to project the driver's voice through the stereo speakers to rear passengers. Toyota's Entune infotainment system is also standard, which includes smartphone app integration, navigation, an 8-inch touch screen, a USB port, Bluetooth, satellite radio and HD Radio. Optional features include a panoramic sunroof, a rear-seat Blu-Ray player, lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control.
Test drivers say the touch-screen navigation system has sharp graphics and user-friendly controls that include large, responsive buttons. While some wish there was a dedicated button to take you to the navigation screen, others appreciate that there are knobs to access common audio settings.
- "The 8-inch touchscreen provides crisp graphics, large 'virtual' buttons and quickly accessed mode buttons around its perimeter. The navigation system is intuitive as well, while the audio system features the tried and true volume knob on the left and a tuning knob on the right." -- Edmunds
- "A horizontal theme pervades, drawing your eyes from either end to the centralized multimedia screen. There, you'll find easy-to-use controls, including knobs for the main radio functions, and for the climate controls below them." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The dash features touch-sensitive audio and phone controls, and it comes standard with various versions of Toyota's Entune infotainment system. We usually don't prefer touch controls as they can be hard to hit just right, but these worked every time." -- MSN Autos (2014)
- "The interior controls are well laid out and easy to use. The optional 8-inch screen with navigation responded quickly to every touch. The only gripe is the lack of a dedicated button to jump directly to the navigation menu." -- Forbes (2014)
The 2015 Highlander Hybrid has 13.8 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row, 42.3 behind the second row and up to 83.2 cubic feet with both rear rows folded. The Highlander Hybrid's overall cargo space is OK for the class, but the Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia offer more. Test drivers say there is an impressive amount of small-item storage throughout the cabin, including a spacious center console and a small shelf along the dashboard.
- "Toyota has baked a number of handy storage features into the 2015 Highlander's interior. There's a unique built-in shelf on the dashboard, for instance, that can serve as a resting place for phones and other small personal effects. The shelf's short height, however, can make it hard to actually fit your hand in there to place or retrieve those items. Vastly more spacious is the storage box under the console armrest that's big enough for a large purse." -- Edmunds
- "A huge center console can hold 58 standard-size juice boxes, perfect for keeping anybody seated in the comfortable second row or kids-only third row adequately hydrated." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The most innovative feature is a new dashboard shelf. It sits below the main controls and is a great place for small items, especially phones." -- MSN Autos (2014)
Next Steps: Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- Search used Toyota Highlander Hybrid for sale (9,259 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize SUVs rankings