Toyota Land Cruiser Review
The 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser ranks 3 out of 7 Luxury Large SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Toyota Land Cruiser, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser is ranked:
The 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser pleases the automotive press with a high-quality interior, excellent off-road capability and a powerful V8 engine.
The 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser comes with a V8 engine that reviewers say delivers abundant power. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard, and test drivers report it shifts smoothly. The 2015 Land Cruiser earns 13/18 mpg city/highway, according to the EPA, which is low for the class. Automotive journalists note that the Land Cruiser is very capable off-road, and handles well on pavement, with little body lean. Still, some say that a high driving position intensifies what little lean there is when cornering. Reviewers write that the 2015 Land Cruiser maneuvers easily in tight spaces, and that it provides a comfortable ride.
Critics find that the 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser has a classy interior made with quality materials, but that some other SUVs in the class have more luxurious cabins. They note the first- and second-row seats are comfortable and spacious, but that the third row is only suitable for children. Overall cargo space is a bit low for the class. The Land Cruiser comes standard with a rear-seat DVD entertainment system, a rearview camera, quad-zone automatic climate control, navigation, satellite radio, Bluetooth, adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, a 14-speaker JBL audio system, an Entune infotainment system with an 8-inch touch screen and the Entune App Suite, which provides access to smartphone apps like Pandora Internet radio. Auto writers note that the touch-screen infotainment system is simple to use but can be slow to respond to user selections.
- "It's empowering to know that your vehicle could handle virtually any terrain in the world if it had to, and the Land Cruiser has the added appeal of being quiet, comfortable and surprisingly swift on the pavement. Throw in standard 3-row seating and tastefully restrained styling, and it's easy to see why the modern Land Cruiser is as impressive in its own way as those legendary Land Cruisers of yore." -- AutoTrader
- “The 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser needs no introduction. Toyota doesn't sell a lot of them, true, but those who seek them out are looking for a no-compromises, go-anywhere luxury SUV, where even price is no obstacle." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Land Cruiser blends legendary off-road capability with impressive on-road manners and luxurious accommodations. However, it feels rather archaic compared to most of the competition, largely due to its limited passenger/cargo versatility." -- Consumer Guide (2014)
Other SUVs to Consider
Auto journalists note that the Mercedes-Benz GL-Class has a top-notch interior as well as a comfortable ride. The GL-Class has more overall cargo space than the Land Cruiser, and with its turbodiesel engine the GL-Class earns excellent fuel economy for the class.
The redesigned Cadillac Escalade has a strong V8 engine, a premium interior and a quiet ride, according to reviewers. The long-wheelbase Escalade ESV can comfortably fit adults in the third row, according to critics, and the ESV has a large cargo area for the class.
Details: 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser
The 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser comes in one trim, seats eight and has full-time four-wheel drive. A 5.7-liter V8 engine and a six-speed automatic transmission come standard. The Land Cruiser was refreshed for the 2013 model year, but hasn’t been fully redesigned since the 2008 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2008 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Toyota Land Cruiser
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser
- Search used Toyota Land Cruiser for sale (407 listings)
- See Luxury Large SUVs rankings