Toyota Land Cruiser Review
The 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser ranks 2 out of 9 Luxury Large SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Toyota Land Cruiser, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser is ranked:
The 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser features a powerful V8, an upscale cabin and superb off-road abilities, according to critics.
Reviewers think the 2015 Land Cruiser's V8 engine delivers plenty of power, and they add that the Land Cruiser's standard six-speed automatic transmission changes gears seamlessly. According to the EPA, the 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser gets 13/18 mpg city/highway, which is poor for the class. Automotive journalists note that the Land Cruiser is very capable off-road, and handles well on pavement, with little body lean. Still, some say that a high driving position intensifies what little lean there is when cornering. Reviewers write that the 2015 Land Cruiser maneuvers easily in tight spaces, and that it provides a comfortable ride.
The 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser's interior has a premium feel and first-rate materials according to some critics, but others argue that some of the Land Cruiser's competitors have more luxurious cabins. Its first- and second-row seats are spacious and supportive, auto writers report, however, that also note that the Land Cruiser's third-row seats are only suitable for children. Maximum cargo capacity is small compared with that of rivals. The Land Cruiser comes standard with a rear-seat DVD entertainment system, a rearview camera, quad-zone automatic climate control, navigation, satellite radio, Bluetooth, adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, a 14-speaker JBL audio system, an Entune infotainment system with an 8-inch touch screen and the Entune App Suite, which provides access to smartphone apps like Pandora Internet radio. Auto writers note that the touch-screen infotainment system is simple to use but can be slow to respond to user selections.
- "It's empowering to know that your vehicle could handle virtually any terrain in the world if it had to, and the Land Cruiser has the added appeal of being quiet, comfortable and surprisingly swift on the pavement. Throw in standard 3-row seating and tastefully restrained styling, and it's easy to see why the modern Land Cruiser is as impressive in its own way as those legendary Land Cruisers of yore." -- AutoTrader
- “The 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser needs no introduction. Toyota doesn't sell a lot of them, true, but those who seek them out are looking for a no-compromises, go-anywhere luxury SUV, where even price is no obstacle." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Land Cruiser blends legendary off-road capability with impressive on-road manners and luxurious accommodations. However, it feels rather archaic compared to most of the competition, largely due to its limited passenger/cargo versatility." -- Consumer Guide (2014)
Other SUVs to Consider
Auto journalists note that the Mercedes-Benz GL-Class has a top-notch interior as well as a comfortable ride. The GL-Class has more overall cargo space than the Land Cruiser, and with its turbodiesel engine the GL-Class earns excellent fuel economy for the class.
The redesigned Cadillac Escalade has a strong V8 engine, a premium interior and a quiet ride, according to reviewers. The long-wheelbase Escalade ESV can comfortably fit adults in the third row, according to critics, and the ESV has a large cargo area for the class.
Details: 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser
The 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser comes in one trim, seats eight and has full-time four-wheel drive. A 5.7-liter V8 engine and a six-speed automatic transmission come standard. The Land Cruiser was refreshed for the 2013 model year, but hasn’t been fully redesigned since the 2008 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2008 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Toyota Land Cruiser
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser
- Search used Toyota Land Cruiser for sale (407 listings)
- See Luxury Large SUVs rankings