Toyota Prius V Review
The 2015 Toyota Prius V ranks 5 out of 10 Wagons. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Toyota Prius V, as well as reliability and safety data.
The Toyota Prius v was refreshed for 2015, and test drivers agree that it has a roomy cabin, loads of high-tech features and outstanding fuel economy for a wagon.
Automotive journalists write that the 2015 Toyota Prius v, which is powered by an electric motor and a four-cylinder engine, isn't quick by any measure, though they agree that acceleration should be adequate for most hybrid buyers. The Prius v comes standard with an automatic transmission (CVT). According to the EPA, the 2015 Toyota Prius v achieves 44/40 mpg city/highway, which is a superb fuel economy estimate for a wagon. Reviewers agree that the Prius v isn’t agile, but they think it feels relaxed and secure while cornering, and they like its accurate steering, strong brakes and comfortable ride.
The interior of the 2015 Toyota Prius v has an inconsistent combination of low-rent and premium materials, according to many critics. Some think the resulting design is appealing, though others argue that competitors have more sophisticated styling. Auto writers say that head- and legroom are in ample supply in both front and back seats. The Prius v also has a substantial amount of cargo space for the class. Auto reporters are also impressed with the Prius v’s long list of high-tech features. Standard features include push-button start, automatic climate control and Toyota’s Entune Audio infotainment system, which includes a 6.1-inch touch screen, a six-speaker sound system, a rearview camera, Bluetooth and a USB port. Available features include an eight-speaker JBL sound system, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning with automatic braking, lane departure warning, a panoramic moonroof, heated front seats and an Entune Premium Audio infotainment system with navigation, satellite radio and the Entune App Suite, which connects with your smartphone and lets you control apps like Pandora using the Prius v’s touch screen.
- "This is a practical, roomy wagon that can easily achieve 40 mpg and be bought with most every feature you could want for $30,000 or less. Prius v is one of the best values on the market today." -- Consumer Guide
- "Overall, the competent, Edmunds ‘B’-rated 2015 Toyota Prius V remains a good pick in this group, thanks to its impressive versatility, frugality and abundance of Prius-style green cred." -- Edmunds
- "If you're looking for great city fuel economy combined with ample cargo and passenger space, there really is no better choice than the 2015 Toyota Prius V." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "It isn't the most exciting ride in the high-mpg set, but for families seeking a comfortable and versatile hybrid, the Prius v represents a strong option." -- Left Lane News
Toyota Prius V Pictures & Videos
Other Wagons to Consider
The Ford C-Max Hybrid has lively acceleration, agile handling and a comfortable ride, critics say. It also gets excellent fuel economy for a wagon, and test drivers like its upscale cabin, which they think features solid build quality and top-notch materials.
Though it can’t match the fuel economy of the Prius v, the non-hybrid Subaru Outback is more fuel-efficient than many rivals, and auto writers love its outstanding all-wheel drive traction and extraordinary cargo capacity. Reviewers also appreciate its large back seat and first-rate cabin materials.
Details: 2015 Toyota Prius v
The 2015 Toyota Prius v seats five and comes in Two, Three, Four and Five trims. A 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine and an electric motor power the Prius v, which also comes standard with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and front-wheel drive. For 2015, the Prius v has refreshed front-end styling, a new trim (Four), a power-adjustable driver seat and lane departure warning. However, the Prius v hasn’t been fully redesigned since its debut for the 2012 model year, so this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2012 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Toyota Prius V
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Prius V
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Prius V
- Search used Toyota Prius V for sale (837 listings)
- See Wagons rankings