Toyota Prius V Review
The 2015 Toyota Prius V ranks 4 out of 8 Wagons. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Toyota Prius V, as well as reliability and safety data.
The refreshed 2015 Toyota Prius v offers stellar fuel economy for a wagon, a spacious interior and plenty of tech features, according to critics.
The 2015 Prius v is powered by a four-cylinder engine and an electric motor. Test drivers write that the Prius v’s acceleration is far from impressive, but it meets expectations for a hybrid vehicle. An automatic transmission (CVT) is standard. The 2015 Toyota Prius v gets an EPA-estimated 44/40 mpg city/highway, which is excellent for a wagon. Reviewers agree that the Prius v isn’t agile, but they think it feels relaxed and secure while cornering, and they like its accurate steering, strong brakes and comfortable ride.
Some critics write that the 2015 Toyota Prius v has an attractive interior, but others think its rivals are more stylish. Many auto writers note that the Prius v has an uneven mix of higher-end and cheap-looking materials. The Prius v has a very large cargo area for the class, and test drivers say there’s generous head- and legroom in the front and back seats. Auto reporters are also impressed with the Prius v’s long list of high-tech features. Standard features include push-button start, automatic climate control and Toyota’s Entune Audio infotainment system, which includes a 6.1-inch touch screen, a six-speaker sound system, a rearview camera, Bluetooth and a USB port. Available features include an eight-speaker JBL sound system, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning with automatic braking, lane departure warning, a panoramic moonroof, heated front seats and an Entune Premium Audio infotainment system with navigation, satellite radio and the Entune App Suite, which connects with your smartphone and lets you control apps like Pandora using the Prius v’s touch screen.
- "This is a practical, roomy wagon that can easily achieve 40 mpg and be bought with most every feature you could want for $30,000 or less. Prius v is one of the best values on the market today." -- Consumer Guide
- "Overall, the competent, Edmunds ‘B’-rated 2015 Toyota Prius V remains a good pick in this group, thanks to its impressive versatility, frugality and abundance of Prius-style green cred." -- Edmunds
- "If you're looking for great city fuel economy combined with ample cargo and passenger space, there really is no better choice than the 2015 Toyota Prius V." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "It isn't the most exciting ride in the high-mpg set, but for families seeking a comfortable and versatile hybrid, the Prius v represents a strong option." -- Left Lane News
Other Wagons to Consider
The Ford C-Max Hybrid has lively acceleration, agile handling and a comfortable ride, critics say. It also gets excellent fuel economy for a wagon, and test drivers like its upscale cabin, which they think features solid build quality and top-notch materials.
Though it can’t match the fuel economy of the Prius v, the non-hybrid Subaru Outback is more fuel-efficient than many rivals, and auto writers love its outstanding all-wheel drive traction and extraordinary cargo capacity. Reviewers also appreciate its large back seat and first-rate cabin materials.
Details: 2015 Toyota Prius v
The 2015 Toyota Prius v seats five and comes in Two, Three, Four and Five trims. A 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine and an electric motor power the Prius v, which also comes standard with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and front-wheel drive. For 2015, the Prius v has refreshed front-end styling, a new trim (Four), a power-adjustable driver seat and lane departure warning. However, the Prius v hasn’t been fully redesigned since its debut for the 2012 model year, so this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2012 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Toyota Prius V
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Prius V
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Prius V
- Search used Toyota Prius V for sale (837 listings)
- See Wagons rankings