Toyota Prius V Interior
According to some automotive journalists, the 2015 Toyota Prius v’s interior has an attractive, premium look. However, others think it isn’t as stylish as its rivals. Many test drivers are disappointed with the materials, which they say are an uneven mix of nicely textured, upscale materials and cheaper-looking plastics. Critics say the Prius v has plenty of tech features, a very large cargo area and a spacious back seat.
- "The interior design is futuristically modern, with all the controls and instruments isolated in an ‘island’ in the middle of the dash." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "As with the Prius hatchback, the Prius V's cabin design is plain and less stylish than what you'll find in the competition. The gauges are nestled in a recessed area in the middle of the dashboard, leaving the area in front of the steering wheel open and unfinished-looking. Furthermore, the quality of the materials is inconsistent; some plastics are nicely grained, while others look flimsy and low-budget." -- Edmunds
- "The Prius v's dashboard is more conventional than the spaceship-like dash in the regular Prius, but it's more upscale, too, in both appearance and construction. If you want the nicest Prius on the market, the Prius v is it." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "Interior trim is tasteful and well assembled, but not lavish. Some unexpected surfaces are padded which help keep the interior's hard plastics from becoming overwhelming." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Toyota Prius V Pictures
The 2015 Toyota Prius v seats five on standard cloth upholstery. Leatherette upholstery, heated front seats and an eight-way power-adjustable driver seat are included in the Four and Five trims. Test drivers write that the Prius v’s front seats are comfortable and provide plenty of head- and legroom. They say the reclining and sliding rear seat has supportive cushions, generous headroom and ample legroom.
- "The split-folding rear seat reclines and slides fore and aft, allowing you to choose limolike legroom, expansive cargo capacity or anything in between. It also provides good headroom for taller passengers." -- Edmunds
- "The back seat in the regular Prius is already accommodating, but the Prius v does it one better with sliding/reclining rear-seat functionality and a significantly higher rear cushion, allowing long-legged passengers to ride with full under-thigh support." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "Large adults will find plenty of headroom and legroom on comfortable seats." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Standard features in the 2015 Toyota Prius v Two include automatic climate control, push-button start and Toyota’s Entune Audio infotainment system, which includes a 6.1-inch touch screen, a rearview camera, a six-speaker sound system, Bluetooth, a USB port and an auxiliary audio jack. Prius v Three, Four and Five models include an Entune Premium Audio infotainment system with navigation, HD Radio, satellite radio, a higher-resolution 6.1-inch touch screen and Entune App Suite, which connects with your smartphone and allows you to control apps like Pandora Internet radio using the Prius v’s touch screen. The Prius v Five is available with an eight-speaker JBL sound system, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning with automatic braking, lane departure warning and a panoramic moonroof.
Reviewers like that the 2015 Prius v has plenty of tech features, though they say the Entune App Suite can be a pain to use because you have to register for an account, install an app on your phone and remain connected to the Internet. Critics say that the center-mounted speedometer is a bit unusual, but fairly easy to get used to, and they appreciate that the Prius v has clearly labeled buttons on its dashboard.
- "There's no shortage of tech amenities, though. Toyota's smartphone app integration system -- which offers Bing search engine functionality, Pandora Internet radio and traffic, weather and fuel price information -- is standard on all but the base model. Getting started with the system can be a hassle, though, since you have to install an app on your phone and register for an account, plus you always need an active data connection to use it." -- Edmunds
- "The digital gauges and hybrid system displays will be familiar to any Prius veteran, and none of the controls or readouts take much time to get used to." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "Clearly marked buttons are the norm for most functions, and the main instrument display is at the top center of the dashboard. Its location can be jarring at first, but quickly becomes second nature." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 Toyota Prius v has a large cargo area compared to other wagons at 34.3 cubic feet of cargo space with all seats in use and 67.3 cubic feet with the rear seat folded. The Prius v’s second-row seats and front passenger seat fold flat, which makes loading long items easy, according to test drivers. Auto writers also point out that the Prius v has plenty of in-cabin storage, including underfloor cubbies, a large open bin under the dashboard and two glove compartments.
- "Storage space is ample: the car can fit 34.3 cubic feet behind its 60/40 split folding rear seats, which is more room than many small SUVs offer. Fold down the rear seats, and there's a bike-swallowing 67.3 cubic feet to play with; its no accident that Toyota says that the ‘v’ in the car's name stands for versatility." -- Left Lane News
- "The ‘V’ is for ‘versatility,’ and with tons of cargo space, a seat that folds in a 60/40 split, adjustable rear seats for creating more legroom, and even a fold-flat front passenger seat for extra-long objects, the 2015 Toyota Prius V delivers in spades." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Large underfloor storage bins add to Prius v's practical nature. The split rear seat backs fold to create a flat floor, and the standard fold-flat front-passenger seat makes loading very long items a breeze. Interior storage is good with two gloveboxes, a console bin, door pockets, cupholders, and a large open console bin at the base of the dashboard." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Toyota Prius V
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Prius V
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Prius V
- Search used Toyota Prius V for sale (837 listings)
- See Wagons rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals