Toyota Prius c Interior
- "The interior design is modern and well done, although the number of materials and textures might be overwhelming to some." -- Car and Driver (2012)
- "The range-topping c features a few soft touch materials, but other Prius cs make due with hard trim that is about par for the class." -- Left Lane News (2012)
- "In any guise, the Prius c's interior has too many hard plastics to match segment leaders like the Ford Fiesta and Kia Rio, but its cheerful, modern design and a few hybrid-specific touches save it from being dour." -- Automobile Magazine (2012)
The 2013 Prius c seats five. Heated front seats and faux-leather upholstery come with the highest trim, while the base trim has manually-adjustable front seats and fabric upholstery. While most test drivers say the driver’s seat is comfortable and offers plenty of room and good visibility, one thinks a tilt and telescopic steering wheel would make it easier for the driver to find a comfortable driving position.
Reviewers’ evaluations of the rear seats are also mixed. Though one auto critic thinks that the rear seats are comfortable for adults and offer plenty of head- and legroom, another says adults need more space.
- "Headroom is more than adequate for adults up to 6 feet. Legroom is surprisingly good, only really cramped if the front seats are set far back. Entry and exit are quite easy." -- Consumer Guide (rear seats)
- "Still, with little in the way back there, at least rear visibility is quite good." -- Autoblog (2012)
- "While a 6-foot-7 passenger looked comical crammed into the backseat, I fit just fine behind the driver's seat positioned where I'd put it to drive. I had inches of knee room and more than enough headroom." -- Cars.com (5-foot-10-inch driver, 2012)
- "In terms of comfort, the Prius C presents a mixed bag, particularly for taller passengers. The driving position is slightly compromised by the lack of steering wheel tilt and telescoping travel, and the tall, upright dash can be hard to peer over. The front passenger may also take issue with the glovebox that intrudes into the footwell." -- Edmunds (2012)
The base Prius c comes with a four-speaker stereo, auxiliary jack, USB port and Bluetooth. A six-speaker stereo, touch-screen navigation system, satellite radio and Entune come on higher trims. Entune connects to smartphones to access music, movie and weather information, among other data. It requires that you have a cellular data connection.
Overall, reviewers think the Prius c’s climate, navigation and audio systems are easy to use. Though most evaluations of the Prius c’s features are positive, one test driver mentions that the infotainment system downloads music from the iPhone too slowly.
- "The audio system in the One and Two is a fairly standard layout that's easy to use. A navigation system with Toyota's Entune infotainment is standard on the Three and Four. This setup absorbs most audio functions, but its virtual on-screen buttons are large and clearly marked." -- Consumer Guide
- "Unlike the Yaris, the C's climate control system is automatic, with friendly and obvious controls." -- Edmunds (2012)
- "It's a good system overall, but with a relatively small 6.1-inch touch-screen. The stereo interface in other trim levels is a pretty straightforward one, with knobs and buttons and a small text display for song and artist information." -- Cars.com (2012)
- "And the infotainment system takes a long time to download songs and playlists from an iPhone." -- Popular Mechanics (2012)
The Prius c has 17.1 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats up. Though one reviewer is dissatisfied with the room available behind the rear seats, the Prius c’s cargo space is good for a small hybrid. For example, it has more cargo space than the Honda Civic Hybrid’s 10.7 cubic feet of trunk space, and more than the Honda Insight’s 15.9 cubic feet with the rear seats up.
- "Prius c offers hatchback versatility, but there's not much space behind the raised rear seat backs." -- Consumer Guide
Next Steps: Toyota Prius c
Get the U.S. News Best Price for the Toyota Prius c
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Toyota Prius c for sale (2,350 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Toyota Prius-c
- See what others paid for the 2013 Toyota Prius c
- View Toyota Prius c Photos
- See Affordable Small Cars rankings