Toyota RAV4 Interior
Most automotive journalists say the 2015 Toyota RAV4’s cabin is pleasant, with high-quality materials and attractive styling. Still, a few critics report that the RAV4’s interior materials are mediocre for the class. Auto writers agree that the RAV4 has more than enough space for adults in both the front and back seats. The RAV4 also has more cargo space than most rivals, and test drivers like its convenient flat load floor. The RAV4 is well-equipped for the class, but a few test drivers wish the optional touch-screen infotainment system responded more quickly to user inputs.
- "With high-quality plastics and soft-touch surfaces, the 2015 Toyota RAV4 offers a comfortable and inviting SUV interior." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The 2015 Toyota RAV4 features an interior design with pronounced angles and lines that form a streamlined and modern-looking dash. Overall, though, the RAV's design and materials are average for the compact crossover class, and a few of the audio and climate controls feel slightly flimsy." -- Edmunds
- "To keep up with increasingly stiff competition in the crowded compact crossover segment, the RAV4 offers an attractive interior that combines modern style with sound ergonomics." -- Left Lane News (2014)
- "We also don't like the criss-cross plastic pattern used around the shifter and on the door panels front and rear. It's so hard we could file our fingernails on it." -- Autoblog (2013)
The 2015 RAV4 seats five and is available with a power-adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support and memory settings, heated front seats with faux-leather trim and a leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob. Reviewers agree that the RAV4 has lots of space for adults in both rows. A few test drivers also report that the driver’s seat is comfortable. Still, some critics think there’s only enough room for two in the back seats.
- "The driver's seat is comfortable and supportive, especially the Limited model with its added lumbar support. Rear-seat passengers have good legroom. …" -- Kelley Blue Book
- "In any case, we were still able to fit two occupants comfortably in the back seat even with the front chairs in adult-size positions, but not a third." -- Autoblog (2013)
- "… we had little trouble finding comfort in the back seat (even with a nearly 6-foot frame)." -- Popular Mechanics (2013)
The 2015 Toyota RAV4 comes standard with a 6.1-inch touch-screen Entune audio system, a rearview camera, Bluetooth phone and audio streaming and a USB port. Available features include dual-zone automatic climate control, push-button start, satellite radio, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring with rear cross traffic alert and an upgraded Entune audio system with navigation and smartphone app integration.
Auto writers are pleased with the Toyota RAV4’s generous list of standard features. Reviewers say the RAV4’s physical controls and the standard Entune audio system are straightforward. A few also write that the audio system produces good volume. However, some test drivers complain that accessing smartphone apps can be difficult on the upgraded Entune system, and that its touch screen can be unresponsive.
- "Although all of the RAV4's audio systems have Toyota's Entune branding, only XLE and Limited models with the navigation system include the Entune suite of smartphone-connected services, among these the Bing search engine, Pandora streaming radio and traffic, sports and stock information. There's quite a bit of functionality here, but getting started with Entune can be a hassle: You have to install an app on your phone and register for an account, plus you always need an active data connection to use its features. The touchscreen interface has straightforward menus, but it's sometimes unresponsive to user touch (curiously, we've found the more basic touchscreen in the LE better in this regard). On the upside, all the conventional controls in the 2015 RAV4 are easy to use." -- Edmunds
- “Audio buffs will love the straightforward Entune audio system that includes Apps and Bluetooth audio streaming." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "Just like a full-size luxury crossover, the 2013 RAV4 has an impressive suite of consumer-friendly standard features that include active and passive safety, comfort and convenience, and electronic connectivity." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- “It's a fine audio system that offers plenty of volume, which is good, since there isn't going to be a beautiful soundtrack from the engine." -- Autoblog (2013)
The 2015 Toyota RAV4 has 38.4 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats in use and 73.4 cubic feet of space with the rear seats folded. That’s more cargo space than most SUVs in the class offer. Reviewers are impressed with the RAV4’s ample space and low cargo floor, which makes it easy to load items. They also appreciate its available power liftgate, which you can program to open to a specific height.
- "Despite being a compact crossover SUV, the Toyota RAV4 offers up a lot of cargo space behind the second row. If that's not enough, fold those seats and you'll get a class-leading 73.4 cubic feet, all of it usable thanks to a flat load floor." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The ‘compact’ classification is almost unjust, given the Toyota RAV4's roomy passenger and cargo compartments. The latter is especially noteworthy not only for its capacity (which at 73.3 cubic feet is among the most generous in its class) but its laudable usability. Whether you're loading it up with a couple of dogs or a couple of bags of heavy top soil, you'll appreciate the cargo bay's low load floor and, on upper trims, the availability of an adjustable-height power liftgate." -- Edmunds
- "Due to clever packaging, the RAV4 can lay claim to class-leading cargo room. …" -- Left Lane News (2014)
- "What we notice first is the power-operated cargo hatch, which can be programmed to open to the height you prefer, whether this is to accommodate a shorter driver or avoid banging the low ceiling in an apartment garage." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
Next Steps: Toyota RAV4
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota RAV4
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota RAV4
- Search used Toyota RAV4 for sale (13,875 listings)
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings