2008 Toyota Sequoia Review
The 2008 Toyota Sequoia is redesigned for 2008 with more powerful engines and larger size.
Reviewers are happy to find the redesign of the 2008 Toyota Sequoia included work on the engine, which is now more powerful than ever. The downside? The fuel economy for the Sequoia is just average for the class, which means it's not very fuel efficient at all. But, buyers who fear pain at the pump and opt for smaller cars will miss out on the Sequoia's large seating, cargo and towing capacities. Still, the 2008 Sequoia's performance leaves something to be desired. Many auto critics found the handling sloppy, the ride rough and the brake pedal squishy. Others couldn't find anything -- good or bad -- to make the 2008 Toyota Sequoia stand out in a competitive class.
- "We can certainly see how a big, active family could embrace the Sequoia's room and huge towing capacity, and if one of these vehicles were to show up again at the office during auto-racing season, count on its being signed out every weekend. But the vast majority of our day-to-day tasks could be handled easily by Toyota's less-enormous offerings, such as the Highlander and 4Runner." -- Car and Driver
- "Perhaps the way to regard the Sequoia isn't as a grander SUV but rather as an alternative to a motorhome, with space for eight family members and every convenience but beds." -- Automobile Magazine
- "The Sequoia is a bland-looking, gargantuan, comfortable SUV with a five-star engine, a two-star interior and lousy handling dynamics. In Toyota's quest to become like Ford and GM, they've become just like Ford and GM." -- The Truth About Cars
- "On the road, nothing negative or positive makes it stand out much versus the class-leading Tahoe. Ride is cushy for comfort and confidence, not handling. The feminine steering and carlike turning radius has its psychological effects; Sequoia feels smaller than Tundra, and than it is, except in its fuel economy." -- Motor Trend
- Four Wheeler notes "this new super-sizer is every bit a match for GM's Tahoe/Yukon and Ford's Expedition." -- Four Wheeler Magazine
Next Steps: Toyota Sequoia
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Toyota Sequoia for sale (1,716 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Toyota Sequoia
- View Toyota Sequoia Photos
- See Affordable Large SUVs rankings