Toyota Sequoia Interior
Automotive journalists note the 2015 Toyota Sequoia’s interior is well put together and made of high-quality materials, but a few add that it doesn’t quite reach a top level of luxury. Auto writers think the Sequoia’s cabin is spacious, and cargo room is excellent for the class.
- "The design is somewhat bland and a couple notches below sinfully luxurious but, as would be expected of a Toyota, the assembly detail is without fault." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Its cabin is also first-rate; it hides the Sequoia's work-truck origins with above-average materials and plenty of luxuries." -- AutoTrader
- "The Sequoia's passenger cabin offers abundant room for passengers, cargo or a combination of the two. Whether you opt for the eight- or seven-passenger variation, you'll find a more comfortable and versatile cabin than its rivals." -- Edmunds (2013)
Toyota Sequoia Pictures
The 2015 Toyota Sequoia seats eight and comes standard with cloth seats and a power-adjustable driver’s seat. Available features include leather upholstery, heated front- and second-row seats, ventilated front seats and a power-adjustable front passenger seat. Optional second-row captain’s chairs are available in place of the standard bench seat, which reduces seating capacity to seven. Test drivers say the first-row seats are spacious and supportive but note that headroom is lacking. They like that the second-row seats slide and recline, and they add that the optional captain’s chairs are very comfortable. Critics find that the third row is suitable for adults, but some report that it is difficult to access.
- "As one would expect, the Sequoia's interior is vast, but clever touches make it quite versatile as well. The second-row seats recline and also slide fore and aft in order to prioritize legroom for the second- or third-row passengers." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2015 Toyota Sequoia is a true 8-seater, with a 3rd-row seat that really will accommodate adults and is easily reached, thanks to big rear doors and sliding 2nd-row seats." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Sequoia's front seats are about what you'd expect: wide and mostly contourless but adequately supportive for longer trips. The 40/20/40-split second-row seat has plenty of room for adults. It slides and reclines to accommodate various physiques, though we give the comfort edge to the Platinum's standard second-row captain's chairs (optional on the Limited). The 3-person third row is reasonably adult-friendly as well -- once you're situated, that is. Simply getting back there is the issue. Access is rather awkward via the Sequoia's elongated rear door and flip-forward second-row chair." -- AutoTrader
- "Legroom is great, but headroom is surprisingly stingy." -- Consumer Guide (2013 front seats)
The 2015 Toyota Sequoia comes standard with Bluetooth, a USB port, HD Radio, satellite radio, tri-zone automatic climate control and Entune Audio Plus, which includes eight speakers and a 6.1-inch touch screen. Optional features include a 14-speaker JBL sound system, navigation, blind spot monitoring, front and rear parking sensors, adaptive cruise control and a rear-seat Blu-Ray entertainment system.
Some critics note that the 2015 Sequoia’s Entune touch-screen system is simple and well-made, but others write that setting up Entune can be laborious, and can sometimes respond slowly to the touch. A few auto writers complain that the center console is poorly organized, and that the audio controls are located too far away from the driver.
- "Toyota's Entune audio choices are some of the most intuitive and easy-to-use infotainment systems in the biz." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The controls are user-friendly for the most apart, although the sheer width of the SUV can make the audio controls difficult to reach for shorter drivers." -- Left Lane News
- "Gauges and controls are generally well placed and easy to use, with the exception of the audio controls that require a bit of a reach for some drivers. Also, getting started with Entune can be a hassle since you have to install an app on your phone and register for an account; plus, you always need an active data connection to use it. The touchscreen interface has straightforward menus, but it's sometimes unresponsive to touch inputs." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "We accuse Tundra of having a somewhat haphazard control layout, and Sequoia takes that even further because it includes a number of functions its pickup sibling lacks, such as three-zone climate control and an air suspension. Many controls reside too far to the passenger side of the console, a long stretch from the driver's seat." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 Toyota Sequoia has 18.9 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row of seats, 66.6 cubic feet behind the second row and 120.1 cubic feet behind the first row. The Sequoia’s cargo area is outstanding for the class, and reviewers like that its third-row seats fold into the floor and that its second row folds flat. They are also impressed with the amount of small storage spaces inside the cabin. A power liftgate is available.
- "Cargo space is a Sequoia specialty. There is 18.9 cu ft. of space behind the third row (roughly the size of a Ford Taurus trunk), 66.6 cu ft. behind the second row and a gargantuan 120.1 cu ft. with all the rear seats folded." -- AutoTrader
- "When it comes time to schlepp cargo, the Sequoia shines with a healthy 66.6 cubic feet of space behind the second-row seats. Fold both the second and third rows down and you open up a cavernous 120-cubic-foot cargo hold. The third-row seats fold down into the floor, a much more practical design than that found in GM's full-size SUVs, which still require you to remove and store the heavy seat sections." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "Cargo room behind the 3rd row is relatively limited, but there's a full-width bin below the rear floor section. The 2nd and 3rd rows fold easily and level with the floor to create a long, flat expanse. The cabin is rife with cupholders, bins, pouches, and pockets." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Toyota Sequoia
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Sequoia
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Sequoia
- Search used Toyota Sequoia for sale (2,002 listings)
- See Affordable Large SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals