Toyota Sienna Review
The 2015 Toyota Sienna ranks 2 out of 7 Minivans. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Toyota Sienna, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Toyota Sienna has more cargo space than most minivans, and critics love its updated interior, which features intuitive controls and top-notch materials.
Reviewers write that the 2015 Sienna’s V6 engine delivers strong acceleration, though it can be very noisy when pushed hard. The Sienna comes standard with a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive is available, which is unusual for the class. According to the EPA, the 2015 Sienna gets 18/25 mpg city/highway, which is about average for a minivan. Automotive journalists report that the 2015 Sienna has composed handling for a minivan, especially if you’re considering the Sienna SE, which features a sport-tuned suspension. The Sienna’s strong brakes and comfortable ride also appeal to critics.
According to reviewers, the 2015 Toyota Sienna’s refreshed interior is one of the nicest in the class, with first-rate materials and a handsome design. Test drivers also say the dashboard layout features large, user-friendly climate controls and a simple touch-screen infotainment system. They like that the Sienna’s second-row seats slide forward and backward to give second-row passengers more legroom, or easier to access the spacious, adult-friendly third row. Standard features include a rearview camera, Bluetooth, a USB port, tri-zone automatic climate control and a touch-screen audio system with a 6.1-inch display. Available features include leather upholstery, a power-folding third-row seat, power-adjustable front seats, heated front seats, a dual-panel moonroof, power-sliding rear doors, a power liftgate, navigation, a 10-speaker JBL audio system, satellite radio, push-button start, front and rear parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, adaptive cruise control and automatic pre-collision braking. New features for 2015 include a Blu-ray player and Driver Easy Speak, which uses a microphone and the Sienna’s speakers to amplify your voice in the back of the minivan.
- "This mid-cycle refresh includes substantial improvements to the interior's quality, ergonomics and design. Taken together this round of upgrades to the 2015 Toyota Sienna further elevates its position as one of our top-recommended minivans." -- Edmunds
- "Now, the 2015 Toyota Sienna is even more enticing thanks to a revised interior and a host of new features that leave us appreciating the van more than ever. We're still not sure if we'd buy the latest Sienna over the Odyssey, though." -- AutoTrader
- "Up-to-date in terms of infotainment and connectivity, quiet, comfortable, roomy, versatile-the 2015 Sienna has an almost bewildering array of appealing attributes. It's not the class athlete, but, as ever, it's a strong candidate for most likely to succeed." -- Car and Driver
- "As we said before, folks seldom shop for minivans - especially Toyota minivans - in search of something special. They merely want something functional. And they will find a whole lot of function - and a decent driving SE model - in the 2015 Sienna." -- Autoblog
Other Minivans to Consider
The Honda Odyssey gets good fuel economy for the class, and test drivers are pleased with its sharp handling. They also appreciate its well-built cabin, which features user-friendly controls.
The Chrysler Town & Country’s fold-flat Stow ‘n Go seats make it easy to expand its cargo area, according to automotive reviewers. They also like the Town & Country’s attractive interior and long list of standard features.
Details: 2015 Toyota Sienna
The 2015 Toyota Sienna seats up to eight people and is available in five trims: L, LE, SE, XLE and Limited. A 3.5-liter V6 engine, six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive are standard and all-wheel drive is optional. The Sienna receives a number of updates this year, but it has not been fully redesigned since 2011. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2011 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Toyota Sienna
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Sienna
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Sienna
- Search used Toyota Sienna for sale (9,313 listings)
- See Minivans rankings