2016 Toyota Sienna Overview
Pros & Cons
- Comfortable, spacious seating in all rows
- Top-notch interior quality
- Available all-wheel drive
- Large cargo area for the class
- Engine sounds harsh when pushed
- Ride is rough in sport-tuned SE trim
Notable for 2016
- Scout GPS App Link feature available
Toyota Sienna Rankings and Research
The 2016 Toyota Sienna ranking is based on its score within the Minivans category. Currently the Toyota Sienna has a score of 8.5 out of 10 which is based on our evaluation of 66 pieces of research and data elements using various sources.
- #3 in Minivans
2016 Toyota Sienna Pictures
2016 Toyota Sienna Review
The 2016 Toyota Sienna has a strong engine, a spacious, high-quality interior and a large cargo area, according to test drivers.
The 2016 Sienna comes standard with a V6 engine that offers plenty of power but can be noisy under hard acceleration. A six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive are standard, and all-wheel drive is available, which is a rare feature for a minivan. The Sienna gets 18/25 mpg city/highway, according to the EPA, which is about average for a minivan.
The Toyota Sienna rides comfortably and has balanced handling with minimal body lean and well-weighted steering. The SE trim has a sport-tuned suspension, which adds to the handling abilities but makes for a harsher ride. The brakes are very strong.
The 2016 Sienna has an upscale cabin made with high-quality materials. Higher trims have some of the nicest interiors in the class. The Sienna has comfortable, spacious seating in all three rows, and cargo space is large compared to other minivans. Climate and audio controls are well-organized on the center stack and easy to operate.
The 2016 Sienna comes standard with a rearview camera, Bluetooth, tri-zone automatic climate control and Toyota’s Entune audio system with a 6.1-inch touch screen. Optional features include an upgraded Entune system with a 7-inch touch screen, a 10-speaker JBL audio system, HD Radio, satellite radio, smartphone app integration, Scout GPS App Link, which integrates your smartphone's navigation function into the infotainment system, front and rear parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, adaptive cruise control, automatic pre-collision braking, a Blu-ray player and the Driver Easy Speak microphone system, which amplifies the driver's voice to rear passengers.
- "It's the Camry of minivans: The Sienna appeals to a wide range of families looking for roomy, comfortable, and high-quality transport-and it succeeds." -- Car and Driver
- "With its accommodating interior, easy manners and stellar reliability record, the 2016 Toyota Sienna remains at the top of the class among minivans. Just off a freshening last year that granted updates inside and out, the Sienna continues to earn its status as an exemplary choice for growing families." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "This mid-cycle refresh includes substantial improvements to the interior's quality, ergonomics and design. Taken together this round of upgrades to the 2015 Toyota Sienna further elevates its position as one of our top-recommended minivans." -- Edmunds (2015)
- "Now, the 2015 Toyota Sienna is even more enticing thanks to a revised interior and a host of new features that leave us appreciating the van more than ever. We're still not sure if we'd buy the latest Sienna over the Odyssey, though." -- AutoTrader (2015)
- "As we said before, folks seldom shop for minivans - especially Toyota minivans - in search of something special. They merely want something functional. And they will find a whole lot of function - and a decent driving SE model - in the 2015 Sienna." -- Autoblog (2015)
Other Minivans to Consider
The Chrysler Town & Country has a V6 engine that feels powerful even when the van is loaded up with passengers. The Town & Country has a long list of standard features, including useful Stow 'n Go second- and third-row seats that fold flat into the floor.
The Honda Odyssey has agile handling and a smooth ride, as well as several versatile interior features, such as an onboard vacuum. The Odyssey's engine is powerful, and it gets better fuel economy than the Sienna.
Details: 2016 Toyota Sienna
The 2016 Toyota Sienna has seating for up to eight people and is offered in five trims: L, LE, SE, XLE and Limited. A 3.5-liter V6 engine, a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive are standard, and all-wheel drive is available. The Sienna sees few changes for the 2016 model year and hasn't been redesigned since 2011. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2011 through 2016 model years.
Research Prices: 2016 Toyota Sienna
Over 75,000 car shoppers have purchased a car through the U.S. News Best Price Program. Our pricing beats the national average 86% of the time with shoppers receiving average savings of $3,279 off MSRP across vehicles. See what others paid for the Toyota Sienna and get upfront pricing to make sure you don't overpay. Learn More »