Toyota Sienna Review
The 2014 Toyota Sienna ranks 2 out of 7 Minivans. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Toyota Sienna, as well as reliability and safety data.
While a couple competitors may be more nimble, reviewers say that the 2014 Toyota Sienna has a powerful V6 engine and a spacious, comfortable interior.
The 2014 Sienna is powered by a V6 engine that test drivers say provides strong acceleration. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard, and reviewers write that it shifts quickly and smoothly. The Sienna gets an EPA-estimated 18/25 mpg city/highway, which is typical for the class. Reviewers say that most Sienna models offer a comfortable ride and a relatively small turning radius, but like many minivans, they also write that dynamic handling is not one of the Sienna’s attributes. Still, some reviewers note that the Sienna SE’s sport-tuned suspension offers noticeably improved handling, which makes it more fun to drive.
Reviewers say the 2014 Toyota Sienna has roomy, comfortable seating in all three rows. The Sienna also has more cargo space than most minivans in the class. Some test drivers say the interior design is uninspired, and most automotive journalists think that the Sienna’s interior is built with too many hard plastics. Still, they say that the Sienna has a nicely organized dashboard with straightforward controls. Standard features on the 2014 Sienna include tri-zone air conditioning and a four-speaker audio system with an auxiliary jack. Optional features include a rear-seat entertainment system, a navigation system with a touch-screen display, Bluetooth, a rearview camera, power-sliding rear doors, a power liftgate and blind spot monitoring.
- "It has the best V6 in its class, available all-wheel drive and newly attractive technology options, along with all the nifty seating and storage features that made this van great from the get-go." -- AutoTrader
- "The Toyota Sienna minivan for 2014 rises above the minivan mob by offering a nearly unbeatable combination of models, options, strong resale value and styling." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "With a capacious cabin, energetic engine and drama-free driving dynamics, the Toyota Sienna is one of the top models in the minivan segment." -- Left Lane News
- "Roomy, comfortable, well-built and offered in several different trim levels, the 2013 Toyota Sienna minivan is an excellent choice for larger families." -- Edmunds (2013)
Other Minivans to Consider
Many critics consider the Honda Odyssey the Sienna’s primary competitor, and both are consistent top performers in our rankings. The Odyssey has more standard features than the Sienna, including a rearview camera and Bluetooth. Test drivers also say that the Odyssey handles very well for a minivan.
Like the Sienna, reviewers say that the Kia Sedona has a strong V6 engine and a spacious, comfortable interior. The Sedona also has a lower starting price than the Sienna and one of the longest powertrain warranties in the class.
Details: 2014 Toyota Sienna
The 2014 Toyota Sienna seats up to eight people and comes with front-wheel drive. A 3.5-liter V6 engine and six-speed automatic transmission are standard. All-wheel drive is optional. The Sienna comes in five trims: L, LE, SE, XLE and Limited. The Sienna was last redesigned for the 2011 model year, and sees few changes for 2014. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2011 through 2014 model years.
Next Steps: Toyota Sienna
- View the best prices for the 2014 Toyota Sienna
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Toyota Sienna
- Search used Toyota Sienna for sale (9,328 listings)
- See Minivans rankings