2007 Toyota Sienna Recalls & Reliability
There have been 2 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
Recall Date: 05/22/2014
- Summary: Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2004-2011 Sienna vehicles originally sold in, or currently registered in, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia. The affected vehicles have a spare tire carrier assembly mounted under the vehicle whose attachment cable may corrode due to high concentrations of road salt splashing onto the spare tire carrier.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 419,520
- Consequence: If the carrier cable is corroded due to road salt, the spare tire may separate from the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Toyota will send owners an interim notification to advise owners of the recall and dealers will remove the spare tire and relocate it to the luggage compartment, free of charge. Owners will be mailed a second letter when remedy parts are available and dealers will replace the spare tire carrier assembly with an improved one, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. NOTE: 2004-2010 Siennas subject to this recall were subject to recall campaign 10V-160 initiated in 2010. Those owners are advised that they must have their vehicles remedied again under this campaign and that having the earlier recall completed did not remedy their vehicles. Additionally, model year 1998-2003 Siennas were recalled as part of safety recall 10V-160. Owners of those vehicles that have not had not the remedy performed on their vehicles, should contact their Toyota dealer to schedule a free repair.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V273000
EQUIPMENT:OTHER:LABELSRecall Date: 06/23/2009
- Summary: TOYOTA IS RECALLING 1,281 MODEL YEAR 2006 THROUGH 2009 SIENNA, 2004 LAND CRUISER, AND 2009 LEXUS GX PASSENGER VEHICLES. THE VEHICLE CAPACITY WEIGHT ON THE TIRE AND LOADING INFORMATION LABEL AND THE GVWR ON THE CERTIFICATION LABEL IS INSUFFICIENT FOR CERTAIN VEHICLES. SOME VEHICLES WERE ACCESSORIZED THROUGH VEHICLE PROCESSING CENTERS AND HAD ACCESSORIES INSTALLED THAT CAUSED THE VEHICLE TO EXCEED THE GVWR VALUE. THESE VEHICLES FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO 110, "TIRE SELECTION AND RIMS," AND 49 CFR PART 567.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 1281
- Consequence: INCORRECT LOAD CARRYING CAPACITY MODIFICATION LABELS COULD RESULT IN THE VEHICLE BEING OVERLOADED, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
- Remedy: TOYOTA WILL NOTIFY OWNERS INSTRUCTING THEM TO RETURN THEIR VEHICLE TO A TOYOTA OR LEXUS DEALER FOR AN EXCHANGE OF THE CERTIFICATION LABEL AND THE TIRE AND LOADING INFORMATION LABEL, AN INSTALLATION OF THE LOAD CARRYING CAPACITY MODIFICATION LABEL, IF NECESSARY, AND A CORRECTION TO THE OWNER'S MANUAL. THIS REMEDY WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING JULY 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT TOYOTA AT 1-888-270-9371.
- Notes: OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 09V234000
Toyota offers competitive warranty coverage on all of its cars, including a three-year/36,000-mile basic warranty. Toyota also offers a standard five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty and a five-year corrosion warranty.
Warranty information last updated: 5/5/08
Next Steps: Toyota Sienna