2013 Toyota Tacoma Recalls & Reliability
There have been 3 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
EQUIPMENT:OTHER:LABELSRecall Date: 08/03/2014
- Consequence: If the spare tire is inflated to the incorrect pressure provided on the placard, tire failure may occur while it is being driven on, increasing the risk of a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V475000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 20000
- Summary: Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2008-2014 FJ Cruiser and Tacoma vehicles equipped with accessory wheels and tires installed by Toyota or dealers prior to the vehicle's first sale. The affected vehicles may list incorrect spare tire size and/or cold tire inflation information on the tire placard. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 110, "Tire Selection and Rims for Passenger Cars."
- Remedy: For the involved vehicles, overlay stickers to correct the tire placard will either be mailed to owners or provided to dealers for placement over the incorrect information on the placard. The recall is expected to begin in September 2014. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331.
ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL , SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULICRecall Date: 02/12/2014
- Consequence: If this occurs, these systems could become inoperative, reducing the directional control assistance, increasing the risk of a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V054000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 261,114
- Summary: Toyota is recalling certain model year 2012 and 2013 Toyota Tacoma and Lexus RX350 vehicles and certain model year 2012 Toyota Rav4 vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the brake system contains a brake actuator that adjusts the fluid pressure of each wheel cylinder. An electrical component within the actuator may experience an increased resistance resulting in the illumination of various warning lights, including those for the Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) system, Antilock Brake System (ABS), and Traction Control system.
- Remedy: Toyota will notify owners, and Toyota and Lexus dealers will update the software for the Skid Control electronic control unit, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin early April 2014. Owners may contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
ENGINERecall Date: 11/06/2013
- Consequence: If the valve springs break, the engine could fail and stall while the vehicle is being driven, increasing the risk of a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V557000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 3795
- Summary: Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Tacoma vehicles manufactured July 1, 2013, through October 11, 2013. The engines of the affected vehicles contain valve springs that may break over time.
- Remedy: Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace the valve springs, free of charge. The recall began on November 27, 2013. Owners may contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
- Dates of Manufacture JUN 30, 2013 to OCT 10, 2013
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
|Predicted Reliability Score
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2013 Toyota Tacoma