Toyota Tacoma Interior
The 2015 Toyota Tacoma's cabin is built with durable materials that, while not especially luxurious, should be easy to clean, critics report. They say that the Tacoma Double Cab has sufficient rear-seat legroom, and they note that all of the controls on the center stack are logically arranged and easy to use.
- "The 2015 Toyota Tacoma compact pickup offers an interior that's clean, functional and well-suited to the needs of truck owners." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The interior of our Tacoma TRD Pro wasn't great, but it's a cheapish pickup, and if you're judging it based on a lack of interior refinement, you're probably focused on the wrong stuff. The passenger compartment is cheap, functional and filled with materials that'll clean up more or less easily if you splash mud on them." -- AutoWeek
- "There are a lot of plastic surfaces, but for a utilitarian vehicle, this makes sense." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "Tacoma's interior is well finished, with materials that are appropriately utilitarian. Unlike its rivals, the ambiance stops short of feeling low-buck." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The Toyota Tacoma Access Cab seats four people and Double Cab models seat five. Cloth upholstery is standard and upgraded cloth upholstery, leatherette and heated front seats are available. Some critics complain that the Tacoma's front seats are mounted a bit too low, though others find them supportive. As with most trucks in the class, reviewers say that the Access Cab's rear seats are best left to kids, while Double Cab models have sufficient legroom for adults.
- "Most Tacoma models have front bucket seats, which come in various forms. We'd look for the ones with adjustable driver lumbar support, which will improve long-distance driving comfort significantly." -- AutoTrader
- "The front seats are supportive and comfortable, but sit somewhat low. The rear seats in the Access Cab model are best for children or adults on short trips, but the rear seats in the Double Cab are much better. ..." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Front bucket seats offer good comfort and support, though some may find them mounted too low to the floor." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "Access Cabs have tiny jump seats. The low cushion and bolt-upright backs prove extremely uncomfortable for even short trips. Double Cabs are much better, offering slightly better than compact-car legroom, plenty of headroom, and a comfortably angled seat back." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Toyota's Entune audio system is standard in the 2015 Tacoma, and it includes a 6.1-inch touch screen, Bluetooth and USB and auxiliary inputs. Options include a rearview camera, HD Radio, satellite radio, the Entune App Suite (which integrates smartphone apps like Pandora and iHeartRadio), navigation, a JBL stereo system, keyless entry and cruise control.
Test drivers report that the Tacoma's gauges are easy to read and that the center stack features intuitive controls. Some mention that it should be easy to use the touch screen controls while wearing gloves.
- "In our interior evaluation, we immediately noticed the crisp black-on-white numerals in the gauge cluster, a welcome upgrade from the old orange numerals. The main controls are exceptionally straightforward, and the touchscreen's virtual buttons should generally be operable with gloves on." -- AutoTrader
- "The gauges are legible, and switchgear operates with smooth precision. Audio and climate controls are mounted high on the central dashboard, but some functions are placed just out of easy reach." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "Steering-wheel-mounted controls for the audio and available Bluetooth are a welcome touch." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
The 2015 Tacoma Access Cab has a 6-foot bed, while Double Cab models are available with either a 5- or 6-foot bed. Reviewers appreciate the Tacoma's dent-resistant bed, and say that the available bed-mounted power outlet can be handy when tailgating or camping. Others note that there are plenty of storage places in the cab for smaller items, and that both models have plenty of storage space when the rear seats are folded.
- "Enhancing the Tacoma's utility readiness, the bedliner's composite material makes dents and dings a non-issue when hauling furniture, bikes or other materials with hard or pointed edges. The available bed-mounted household-style 115-volt AC outlet should also prove invaluable on camping trips and at tailgate parties." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "The Access Cab's seat cushion flips forward to form a level load deck and reveals covered under-seat storage. It's rather handy and using that space for cargo storage is a much better idea than trying to put any people back there. Double Cabs have a split rear seat; the backrests drop and cushions flip forward individually to make a level floor that contains more covered bins." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Toyota Tacoma
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Tacoma
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Tacoma
- Search used Toyota Tacoma for sale (10,233 listings)
- See Compact Pickup Trucks rankings