Toyota Venza Review
The 2015 Toyota Venza ranks 9 out of 12 Affordable Midsize SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Toyota Venza, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Toyota Venza is ranked:
The 2015 Toyota Venza has plenty of cargo and rear-seat space, reviewers say, but they’re disappointed with its underpowered engine and low-rent interior materials.
The 2015 Toyota Venza’s standard four-cylinder engine is loud and could use more power, test drivers say. They prefer the optional V6, which is more potent and gets similar gas mileage. The Venza comes with a six-speed automatic transmission. With an EPA-estimated 20/26 mpg city/highway, the base Venza's fuel economy is in line with other midsize SUVs but not equal to that of competitors such as the Subaru Outback and Honda Crosstour. Reviewers say that the Venza has a comfortable, car-like ride, but note that its large wheels have a negative impact on ride quality. Still, some say it handles fairly well and has responsive steering.
The 2015 Toyota Venza has a distinctive design, auto writers report, but some of them say the cabin’s substandard materials give the interior a cheap look and feel. Reviewers appreciate the roomy second-row seats, but they say the front seats aren't very supportive over long trips. The Venza has good cargo space for the class, and reviewers appreciate that it is easy to fold the rear seats to expand the cargo area. The 2015 Venza comes standard with a rearview camera, Bluetooth, a USB port, dual-zone automatic climate control and Toyota's Entune Plus infotainment system with a 6.1-inch touch screen. Navigation, a panoramic sunroof, front and rear parking sensors and a 13-speaker JBL audio system are optional. Reviewers find the Entune system intuitive, but some say the touch buttons are too small.
- "The two-row 2015 Toyota Venza is an intriguing wagonlike alternative to a variety of crossovers, but its dated design has it lagging behind in some respects." -- Edmunds
- "Toyota's Venza is uniquely positioned as the perfect vehicle for travelers looking for the interior space and muscle provided by a larger SUV without the bulky proportions or harsh ride." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "If you're wondering what kind of vehicle the Venza is, think Ford Edge. In other words, it's not a small crossover, but it's not huge either. It rides high, which enhances visibility, but its car-based underpinnings ensure smooth, stable handling." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "Venza attempts to blend the versatility and car-like driving dynamics of a traditional station with the look and feel of a midsize SUV. Regrettably, it falls a bit flat on both counts. It deserve praise for its comfortable, roomy interior and surprisingly good fuel economy. We are less enamored with the unsettled ride and handling and noisy engines." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Toyota Venza Pictures & Videos
Other Vehicles to Consider
The Honda Crosstour gets better fuel economy than the Venza with its base engine, and reviewers say a base Crosstour has sufficient power. They also say it rides comfortably and has a quiet cabin built with high-quality materials.
Even with standard all-wheel drive, the Subaru Outback gets significantly better fuel economy than a front-wheel drive Venza. Reviewers like the Outback's top-notch cabin materials and comfortable front seats.
Details: 2015 Toyota Venza
The 2015 Toyota Venza seats five and has standard front-wheel drive or optional all-wheel drive. A 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine is standard and a 3.5-liter V6 is optional. With either engine, a six-speed automatic transmission is standard. The Venza is available in three trims: LE, XLE and Limited. The Venza was introduced for the 2009 model year and sees few changes for 2015. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2009 to 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Toyota Venza
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Venza
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Venza
- Search used Toyota Venza for sale (3,323 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals