Toyota Venza Interior
The 2015 Toyota Venza's cabin has a unique design, critics say. Some comment that a few of the materials are a bit cheap and that the faux wood trim does not look very real. Although some critics remark that the front seats aren't especially comfortable after long drives, they like the spacious rear seats and note that there is a generous amount of cargo space, with easy-to-fold rear seatbacks.
- "The materials that Toyota selected are unimpressive, however, comprising a mishmash of textured and smooth plastics along with unconvincing fake wood inserts. The look is pleasing from a distance, but the quality isn't there on a closer inspection." -- Edmunds
- "The Venza's dashboard is an odd one -- stylish and different at a glance, it reveals some questionable materials on close inspection, including strangely textured plastics and unconvincing wood trim. We still like the bold overall design, though, as well as the admirably sharp Optitron gauges." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "Venza is pleasant enough inside, though nowhere near class-leading. LE models have cloth seats with some dashboard panels decked out in strange, plastic trim that looks like brown carbon fiber. The wood-grain plastic on the XLE and Limited is much nicer. The leather upholstery has contrast piping, which gives the cabin a more upscale vibe." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The Toyota Venza seats five and comes standard with cloth upholstery and a power-adjustable driver seat. Leather upholstery, a power-adjustable passenger seat and heated front seats come on the XLE and Limited trims. Test drivers write that the Venza's front seats are easy to get into, thanks to the Venza's slightly elevated driving position, and they note that there is plenty of headroom. Some think that the seats are not especially comfortable for longer trips, however. Reviewers write that the back seat is quite comfortable and offers ample space.
- "As noted, the Venza's large doors and low step-in height make it an exceptionally convenient crossover for the mobility-challenged. The front seats aren't especially comfortable on long hauls and could use more padding, but the backseat offers ample legroom, with the added benefit of reclining seatbacks." -- Edmunds
- "The Venza's seats are wide and comfortable, and its tall ride height provides a commanding view of the road ahead." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Venza's front seats are wide and flat, so they're good at accommodating a wide range of physiques, though we'd appreciate a bit more lateral support. The driving position isn't as elevated as in some full-on SUVs, but it's appreciably higher than in any normal car." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "Venza has ample headroom and legroom. We'd prefer slightly longer seat bottoms, as they would aid in long-distance comfort, but this is a minor complaint. Visibility is surprisingly good despite thick rear roof pillars. … Venza's rear seat has more room and is more comfortable than in some larger cars and SUVs." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Standard features in the 2015 Venza include dual-zone automatic climate control, a rearview camera, Bluetooth, a USB port and Toyota's Entune Plus infotainment system with six speakers, HD Radio and a 6.1-inch touch screen. Available features include proximity key, navigation, a 13-speaker JBL audio system, front and rear parking sensors and a panoramic sunroof.
According to reviewers, the Venza's touch-screen Entune system is straightforward, but the icons on its touch screen are a bit too small.
- "The Venza's modest 6.1-inch touchscreen is hampered at times by small virtual buttons, but it's easy enough to figure out, if less graphically rich than some rival screens." -- Edmunds
- "The gauges are easy to read. All controls have clear markings and large buttons." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 Venza has 36.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row of seats and 70.2 cubic feet with the back row folded, which is a good amount of space for the class. Test drivers appreciate that the Venza’s rear seats fold easily. They also mention that there is lots of storage in the cabin for smaller items.
- "As ever, we like how the rear seatbacks fold easily at the pull of a lever to open up a large cargo bay, and passenger space is ample in both seating rows." -- Edmunds
- "The 2015 Toyota Venza's interior is big in all directions. With no 3rd-row seat to take up space, the 5-door Venza wagon offers an impressive 70.1 cubic feet of cargo space, while figures for head-, hip- and legroom are all near the top of the segment. We especially like the one-touch fold-flat feature for the rear seats." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Venza is more versatile than its exterior dimensions might imply. The loading floor is wide and at bumper level. The standard split-folding rear seat backs don't rest completely flat, but they're not high enough off the floor to where it would create problems for loading large items. Interior storage is outstanding and consists of a huge center console and door pockets." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Toyota Venza
- View the best prices for the 2015 Toyota Venza
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Toyota Venza
- Search used Toyota Venza for sale (3,323 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize SUVs rankings