Volkswagen GTI Recalls & Reliability
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
STEERINGRecall Date: 07/06/2014
- Summary: Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2015 Golf and GTI vehicles manufactured January 27, 2014, to May 12, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the stabilizer link fasteners may come loose and possibly interfere with the steering of the vehicle.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 2001
- Consequence: A loose stabilizer link may interfere with the vehicle's steering, requiring additional effort to control the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front stabilizer links, free of charge. The recall began in July 2014. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-822-8987. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 40K9/1W.
- Dates of Manufacture JAN 26, 2014 to MAY 11, 2014
- Manufacturer Recall Number: 40K9/1W
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V412000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2015 Volkswagen GTI comes with a three-year/36,000-mile basic warranty and a five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty.
Next Steps: Volkswagen GTI