2014 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid Recalls & Reliability
There have been 3 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM:FUEL RAILRecall Date: 01/22/2015
- Consequence: A fuel leak, in the presence of an ignition source, can result in a vehicle fire.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 15V028000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 44658
- Summary: Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Jetta vehicles manufactured March 28, 2014, to November 24, 2014, 2014-2015 Passat vehicles manufactured April 7, 2014, to November 18, 2014, 2015 Golf and GTI vehicles manufactured July 1, 2014, to November 20, 2014, and 2014-2015 Beetle and Beetle Convertible vehicles manufactured March 31, 2014, to November 27, 2014. A sealing cap at the fuel rail may fail, allowing fuel to leak into the engine compartment.
- Remedy: Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel rails with new parts, free of charge. The recall began February 6, 2015. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-822-8987. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 24BL. Note: This recall expands and supersedes recall 14V-809 (Volkswagen recall number 24Bi) and only affects vehicles not previously repaired under that campaign.
- Dates of Manufacture MAR 27, 2014 to NOV 23, 2014
- Manufacturer Recall Number: 24BL
POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:COOLING UNIT AND LINESRecall Date: 04/14/2014
- Consequence: The leaking transmission fluid could contact a hot surface and result in a vehicle fire.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V182000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 26452
- Summary: Volkswagen of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2014 Jetta, Beetle, Beetle Convertible, and Passat vehicles equipped with a 1.8T engine and torque converter automatic transmission. In the affected vehicles, the O-ring seals between the oil cooler and the transmission may leak fluid.
- Remedy: Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the O-ring seals in the transmission oil cooler, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on April 16, 2014. Owners may contact Volkswagen at 1-800-822-8987. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 38B9/9V.
- Dates of Manufacture FEB 02, 2014 to APR 07, 2014
- Manufacturer Recall Number: 38B9/9V
POWER TRAINRecall Date: 11/13/2013
- Consequence: This sudden loss of power while driving increases the risk of a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V568000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 3837
- Summary: Volkswagen Group of America, Inc (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Jetta Hybrid vehicles manufactured October 2012 through October 2013 and equipped with a DQ-200 direct-shift gearbox. Due to gearbox fluid additives, the control module within the gearbox may corrode. The deposits from this corrosion may cause an electrical short and result in a stall-like condition.
- Remedy: Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the gearbox oil with a non-corrosive version, free of charge. The recall began on December 6, 2013. Owners may contact Volkswagen at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's recall number is 34F6/4V.
- Dates of Manufacture SEP 30, 2012 to OCT 30, 2013
- Manufacturer Recall Number: 34F6/4V
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
|Predicted Reliability Score
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2014 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid