Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Interior
Reviewers find the SportWagen's interior to be both practical and stylish. It has the comfort and space of an SUV in a smaller, more-efficient package.
- "As with all Volkswagen products, the SportWagen's interior is smartly styled, ergonomically friendly and appointed in the highest quality materials and fabrics." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The small wagon styling of the 2009 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen is very functional, offering seating for five, with a little rear seat squeeze, and the cargo area." -- CNET
Reviewers tend to find the seating comfortable, though there are mixed feelings on rear-seat legroom. One reviewer worries about the expected durability of the seating material.
- "The seats are comfortable and sufficiently bolstered, though covered in a soft material that I wouldn't put that much faith into holding up." -- Jalopnik
- "The SportWagen's huge cargo hold nearly rivals that of the larger Passat Wagon, although rear-seat legroom is not as generous." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Legroom for rear passengers is vastly more generous, easily accommodating two bigger occupants, or three smaller frames." -- Automobile.com
Critics generally appreciate the styling and the general quality of the interior.
- "The ... interior is similar to most Volkswagen products, with slightly above average quality and a pleasant two-tone color scheme." -- Jalopnik
- "The Jetta SportWagen barely rates as a tech car because of its poor to nonexistent cabin electronics." -- CNET
Reviewers unanimously cheer the voluminous cargo area of the Jetta SportWagen. It wins them over with its solid construction, capacity and ease of use.
- "The tailgate itself feels light and doesn't require much more than the flick of the wrist to shut - less effort than the sedan's trunk actually. Plus, being a station wagon and not a compact SUV / crossover, it's a lot easier to load the cargo into the bay since the liftover height is just 26.4 inches. No pain, no gain? I like the sound of 'No strain, no pain'... much better." -- Automobile.com
- "...fold the rear seats down and you've got enough room for the worldly possessions of a college student. The capacity seems greater than your typical hatchback, while the Jetta maintains its small car feel." -- CNET
- "All three stars on this one go for the space available in the hatch area, which is approximately 66.9 cubic feet with the seats folded forward, compared to just 16 cubic feet in the sedan." -- Jalopnik
- "Thick cargo-bay carpeting and plastics resist scratches and scuffs" -- About.com
Next Steps: Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen for sale (11,712 listings)
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See Wagons rankings