Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Interior
Automotive journalists say that the 2014 VW Jetta SportWagen has a nicer interior than the Jetta sedan, with premium materials and build quality. They write that the control layout is simple, making the Jetta SportWagen’s features easy to use. The Jetta SportWagen also earns praise for its spacious front seats and large cargo hold.
- "Since it's actually a wagon version of the current-generation VW Golf rather than a direct relative of the Jetta sedan, the Jetta Sportwagen looks and feels like Volkswagen's hatchbacks on the inside. Its interior materials are noticeably higher in quality than those of the current Jetta sedan, and it has friendly touches like a height-adjustable center armrest and rear seat air vents." -- Edmunds
- "It's also a relatively large and spacious compact car, and thus a good long-journey proposition for smaller families." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen seats five and comes with cloth upholstery, partial power-adjustable front seats and heated front seats. Leatherette upholstery is optional. Reviewers think that the VW Jetta SportWagen offers plenty of room in the front seats, though some write that the front seats are firm, but still supportive and comfortable. Test drivers say the rear seats are a little less spacious, but still roomy enough for two adults, as long as they’re not too tall.
- "Apart from its premium feel, the Sportwagen offers voluminous passenger and cargo room, especially for front seat passengers. Rear seat passengers have a tighter squeeze, but only taller adults will find it objectionable." -- Edmunds
- "A spacious front cabin gives SportWagens the feel of a midsize car. Only the tallest occupants will crowd the sunroof housing, and long seat tracks afford ample legroom for most anyone. The seats are firm, but are shaped and padded for long-haul comfort." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2014 Jetta SportWagen comes standard with Bluetooth phone and audio streaming, heated mirrors and an eight-speaker sound system. Optional features include a rearview camera, a panoramic sunroof, navigation, push-button start, satellite radio and a 10-speaker sound system.
Test drivers say the VW Jetta SportWagen’s controls are simple and well-organized. Most add that the optional navigation system is fairly straightforward, though some note that it has a small screen, while others say that it complicates audio system adjustments.
- "The cabin also gets high marks for its straightforward control layout. We especially like the clean, uncluttered optional touchscreen audio interface. The optional navigation system is also pretty easy to use, but loses points for functionality due to its small 5-inch screen." -- Edmunds
- "A lack of available gadgetry leaves SportWagens with a refreshingly clean and orderly dashboard. Large, legible gauges complement mostly handy, intuitive minor controls, but some testers find the dash night lighting a bit weak. The navigation system, exclusive to the top-trim TDI, governs most audio functions, thus complicating some routine adjustments, but the navigation itself is fairly easy to use." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2014 VW Jetta SportWagen has 32.8 cubic feet of cargo space behind the back seats, which expands to 66.9 cubic feet with the rear seats folded. Both measurements match or exceed the cargo space in many competing wagons and affordable compact SUVs. The 60/40 split-folding rear seats do not fold completely flat, reviewers say, but the Jetta SportWagen’s cargo area is large and easily accessible. Test drivers say the Jetta SportWagen also has abundant small-item storage space.
- "It also has a large cargo area and, with the rear seats folded, as much or more capacity as most compact crossovers." -- Edmunds
- "Rear-seat conversion requires rotating the cushions through 90 degrees before dropping the backrests, which don't lay fully flat. There's a good amount of room behind the rear seat in a usefully cubic, low-floor hold with a generously sized aperture and a wide but shallow under-floor bin. In-cabin small-item storage is good, thanks mainly to four capacious door pockets with bottle holders." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen
- View the best prices for the 2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen
- Search used Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen for sale (28,572 listings)
- See Wagons rankings