2009 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Interior
This interior review was created when the car was new. Some links may no longer point to an active page.
In addition to being both roomy and comfortable, reviewers find the Passat Wagon's interior appointments to be topnotch.
- "Volkswagen's attention to detail and high-quality materials give the cabin a rich feel." --Cars.com
- "Interior trim options include wood, aluminum or composite, and standard leatherette seating gives even the base model an upscale feel." -- Kelley Blue Book
The Passat Wagon's seating consists of a two-row, five-passenger configuration; yet, some have reservations about the seat comfort. Behind the Passat Wagon's two front-row bucket seats, lies a 60/40 split seatback, flip-down, second-row bench seat, which reviewers say can accommodate three people.
- "Problems are still limited to seat bottoms that lack shape and thigh support." -- Edmunds
- "Front space is ample, and the seats are indisputably firm but adequately comfortable, though the wide console is close to the driver's knee." -- Cars.com
Rear seating has also improved for 2009, providing an additional 3 inches of width for more hip and elbow room, and 2.4 inches of legroom. Also, rear legroom is 37.7 inches.
The Passat Wagon has a long list of standard features, including power windows and door locks, a power driver's seat and climate control. The standard upholstery is perforated leatherette. Most reviewers have negative things to say about the Passat Wagon's optional navigation system.
- "The optional navigation system to be a bit lethargic. Although it has thoughtful features like 'Back' and 'Gas Station' buttons, it seems to think slowly compared to other units." -- Edmunds
The Passat Wagon has good cargo space. Comparative wagons only offer around 33.6 cubic feet of cargo space. The rear cargo area is carpeted and includes four conveniently placed tie-downs.
- "Selecting the wagon over the sedan more than doubles the Passat's cargo volume: The sedan has a 14.2-cubic-foot trunk, while the wagon's cargo area measures 35.8 cubic feet." -- Cars.com