Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid Interior
Reviewers say that first-rate materials and elegant wood trim make the 2014 Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid feel like a true luxury SUV. Both the front and rear seats are comfortable, auto writers note, and there’s plenty of legroom in the rear. They’re also impressed with the touch-screen navigation system, saying it’s user-friendly and that the climate controls are logically placed.
- "The Touareg's high-quality interior belies Volkswagen's ‘people's car’ tagline with a high-quality look and feel worthy of a BMW or Mercedes-Benz. Attractive wood and metal trim pieces abound, and the dashboard's controls are well laid-out." -- Left Lane News
- "High-quality materials, rich wood and metallic accents, and contemporary electronics and entertainment interfaces fill out the Touareg cabin, and the sliding and reclining second-row seat is pretty useful." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "‘Tasteful’ best sums up the 2013 Volkswagen Touareg's cabin. The design is restrained and clean but well executed in beautiful materials." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
- "Inside, you'll see a VW that rivals Audi's interior design, with high quality soft materials, satin chrome surrounds and fine wood inlays." -- Road and Track (2011)
The Touareg Hybrid seats five on standard leather seats. Power-adjustable front seats, a power telescoping steering wheel and heated front and rear seats are also standard. Most reviewers say the front seats are very comfortable, though some think they could be more supportive. Additionally, a few reviewers point out that the Touareg Hybrid’s standard panoramic sunroof may make taller passengers feel cramped. Still, reviewers say that the reclining rear seats are comfortable and offer ample legroom.
- "The front seats are supportive, and the 60/40 folding rear bench seat slides fore-aft and reclines." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
- "Room is good all around. The panoramic sunroof on Lux, Executive, and Hybrid models steals some headroom, which tall occupants will find bothersome. The seats are designed for long-haul comfort, rather than sporty bolstering, and they work well in this regard." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "The seat bottoms seem contoured for the wider hips of the fairer sex and need some additional lateral bolstering." -- Car and Driver (2011)
- "An inch-and-a-half stretch to the wheelbase gives rear seat passengers an impressive amount of legroom even with tall front seat passengers, and the rear seats are just as comfortable as the fronts." -- Motor Trend (2011)
The Touareg Hybrid comes standard with dual-zone automatic climate control, a panoramic sunroof, an eight-speaker audio system with an iPod interface, an auxiliary jack, satellite radio, Bluetooth audio streaming, a touch-screen navigation system and a camera system that gives a 360-degree view around the SUV.
Reviewers say the Touareg Hybrid’s touch screen is easy to master and the climate controls are simple and accessible. They also praise the navigation system’s high-quality graphics, which include three-dimensional views of surrounding buildings and terrain.
- "Finally, the navigation system uses crisp graphics and an intuitive touchscreen interface. …" -- Edmunds (2013)
- "Climate controls are simple to operate and logically arranged." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "That infotainment system is otherwise unassailable. The user interface is simple and straightforward and the navigation system offers 3D views of the terrain as well as the outlines of buildings." -- Motor Trend (2011)
The Touareg Hybrid has 32.1 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats in use and 64 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats folded, which is decent for the class. Newly standard is a hands-free power liftgate, which opens with a wave or kick under the rear bumper. Reviewers note that unlike some hybrids, the battery pack doesn’t eat into available cargo space. They also find that the glove box and center console offer enough space to store odds and ends.
- "With 32 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats, the Touareg offers class-competitive stowage space, and a full 64 cubic feet are available with the second-row seats folded." -- Left Lane News
- "The hybrid battery pack resides under the cargo floor, so it doesn't compromise luggage room. That space would ordinarily go toward a spare tire; in lieu of one, the Touareg Hybrid has run-flat tires with a small repair kit." -- Cars.com (2013)
- "Overall room is class-competitive, though the rear seat backs don't fold flat. The glovebox has decent capacity, but the center console and door pockets are generously sized." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Next Steps: Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2014 Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid
- Search used Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid for sale (1,271 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings