Volkswagen Touareg Interior
Reviewers say that one of the highlights of the 2015 Volkswagen Touareg’s upscale cabin is its high-quality trim materials, which include chrome and wood. Test drivers say the 2015 Touareg has comfortable, roomy seats in both rows. The Touareg has less cargo room than most rivals, but some reviewers think there’s a good amount of cargo space. Auto writers agree that the VW Touareg’s standard climate and audio buttons are straightforward.
- "Inside, there's more shiny silver stuff, better switchgear, and richer-looking leather and wood trim details.” -- Car and Driver
- "The Touareg's cabin is spacious, comfortable and easily as nice as an Acura MDX or BMW X5." -- Cars.com
- "Inside, the 2015 Touareg has a slightly more upscale appearance, thanks largely to judicious use of chrome, elegant wood trim, and white lighting in the instrument binnacle, replacing the previous red." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Touareg's high-quality interior belies Volkswagen's ‘people's car’ tagline with a high-quality look and feel worthy of a BMW or Mercedes-Benz." -- Left Lane News
Volkswagen Touareg Pictures
The Volkswagen Touareg seats five and comes standard with leatherette upholstery. Leather seats are optional, as are heated seats and a heated steering wheel. Reviewers say the Touareg’s seats are comfortable and supportive in both rows. However, a few test drivers mention that the optional panoramic sunroof somewhat reduces headroom. A few auto writers say the Volkswagen Touareg’s cabin is quiet, and they like that its rear seats recline and slide back and forth.
- "… interior noise levels are subdued." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "And with the backseat's elevated bench and copious knee and headroom, the Touareg also happens to be one of the best vehicles we can think of for covering long distances with four adults." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "The front seats are supportive, and the 60/40 folding rear bench seat slides fore-aft and reclines." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
- "The panoramic sunroof on Lux, Executive, and Hybrid models steals some headroom, which tall occupants will find bothersome. The [front] seats are designed for long-haul comfort, rather than sporty bolstering, and they work well in this regard." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
The 2015 Volkswagen Touareg comes standard with dual-zone automatic climate control, an eight-speaker stereo, satellite radio, an iPod interface and Bluetooth. Optional features include satellite radio, an Area View 360-degree camera system, push-button start, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, an 8-inch touch screen with navigation, forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, a panoramic sunroof and a 10-speaker Dynaudio stereo system.
Auto journalists agree that the Volkswagen Touareg’s large audio and climate controls are easy to operate. However, a few point out that on upper trims, the navigation system absorbs audio controls, making them more difficult to use.
- "Volkswagen made a few upgrades to the interior, though like the exterior, they're subtle. There are some new ‘engineered wood’ veneers and new buttons and dials for the climate control system that feel more upscale, but if you're looking for VW's latest and greatest multimedia system, you won't find it; it will be coming as a running change sometime in mid-2015. Not that there's really anything wrong with the current system: Its big screen, large controls, high contrast and quick operation make it simple and pleasant to use." -- Cars.com
- "… the dashboard wears a simple and Teutonic design." -- Left Lane News
- "… the navigation system uses crisp graphics and an intuitive touchscreen interface, while higher trim levels feature the very nice 10-speaker Dynaudio stereo system." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "Climate controls are simple to operate and logically arranged. All models except the base Sport have a standard navigation system, which absorbs, and complicates, some audio functions." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
The 2015 Touareg has 32.1 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seat and 64 cubic feet with the back seat folded. A power liftgate is available. The Touareg’s cargo space is below average for the class. Still, some reviewers think that its cargo hold has a good amount of space.
- "With 32 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats, the Touareg offers class-competitive stowage space, and a full 64 cubic feet are available with the second-row seats folded." -- Left Lane News
- "But there's no third-row seat as in some other similarly sized crossovers, while the Touareg's cargo capacity is middling at best." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "Overall room is class-competitive, though the rear seat backs don't fold flat. The glovebox has decent capacity, but the center console and door pockets are generously sized." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Next Steps: Volkswagen Touareg
- View the best prices for the 2015 Volkswagen Touareg
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Volkswagen Touareg
- Search used Volkswagen Touareg for sale (1,438 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals