Volkswagen Touareg Interior
Reviewers praise the 2014 Volkswagen Touareg for its high-quality interior materials, which create an upscale vibe throughout the cabin. Test drivers also report that the Touareg is comfortable to ride in all day.
- "The Touareg's interior is typical Volkswagen: simple, no-nonsense and full of high-quality materials. Some rivals may have a more luxurious feel inside, but we're charmed by the Touareg's excellent ergonomics and unpretentious character." -- AutoTrader
- "The Touareg's high-quality interior belies Volkswagen's 'people's car' tagline with a high-quality look and feel worthy of a BMW or Mercedes-Benz. Attractive wood and metal trim pieces abound, and the dashboard wears a simple and Teutonic design." -- Left Lane News
- "Few consider Volkswagen a luxury automaker, but the Touareg's interior transcends its humble badge and holds its own against pricier crossover SUVs." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "Regardless of trim level, the 2013 Volkswagen Touareg is a pleasing mix of credible comfort, expansive visibility and upscale appointments." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
The Touareg seats up to five people and comes standard with leatherette upholstery, as well as heated, power-adjustable front seats. Leather seats and heated rear seats are available on upper trims. Reviewers report that the Touareg's front and outboard rear seats are comfortable for long drives, and that the back seat offers ample space and comfort. One critic mentions that the optional panoramic sunroof reduces headroom somewhat.
- "And with the backseat's elevated bench and copious knee and headroom, the Touareg also happens to be one of the best vehicles we can think of for covering long distances with four adults." -- AutoTrader
- "The front seats are supportive, and the 60/40 folding rear bench seat slides fore-aft and reclines." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
- "The panoramic sunroof on Lux, Executive, and Hybrid models steals some headroom, which tall occupants will find bothersome. The [front] seats are designed for long-haul comfort, rather than sporty bolstering, and they work well in this regard." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
The 2014 Volkswagen Touareg comes standard with dual-zone automatic climate control, an eight-speaker stereo, satellite radio, an iPod interface, an auxiliary input jack and Bluetooth. Optional features include a backup camera, navigation and a 10-speaker Dynaudio stereo system.
Reviewers offer mixed opinions on the navigation system. Some say that the touch-screen interface is easy to use, while another writes that it makes audio adjustments needlessly complicated. Still, the optional Dynaudio stereo is liked by those who sampled it.
- "… the navigation system uses crisp graphics and an intuitive touchscreen interface, while higher trim levels feature the very nice 10-speaker Dynaudio stereo system." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "Climate controls are simple to operate and logically arranged. All models except the base Sport have a standard navigation system, which absorbs, and complicates, some audio functions." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
The Touareg has 32.1 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seat, and 64 cubic feet with the back seat folded. A power liftgate is standard. The Touareg’s cargo space is on par with what other two-row crossovers in the segment provide. Reviewers offer varying opinions on how useful the Touareg's cargo space is with respect to its overall size. One critic complains that the rear seats don't fold completely flat. Another test driver adds that the cabin has plenty of storage spaces for smaller items.
- "But there's no third-row seat as in some other similarly sized crossovers, while the Touareg's cargo capacity is middling at best." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "Overall room is class-competitive, though the rear seat backs don't fold flat. The glovebox has decent capacity, but the center console and door pockets are generously sized." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "I found cupholders, cubbies and bins enough to contain all of my clutter, and the cargo space is roomy enough for a serious run to Costco." -- Mother Proof (2011)
Next Steps: Volkswagen Touareg
- View the best prices for the 2014 Volkswagen Touareg
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Volkswagen Touareg
- Search used Volkswagen Touareg for sale (2,286 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings