$2,372 - $3,275
2016 Volvo V60 Overview
Pros & Cons
- Great fuel economy
- Powerful engines
- Refined interior design
- Cramped legroom in rear seat
- Small cargo area
Notable for 2016
- T5 AWD model discontinued
Volvo V60 Rankings and Research
The 2016 Volvo V60 ranking is based on its score within the Wagons category. Currently the Volvo V60 has a score of 8.2 out of 10 which is based on our evaluation of 23 pieces of research and data elements using various sources.
- #5 in Wagons
2016 Volvo V60 Pictures
2016 Volvo V60 Review
Testers praise the 2016 Volvo V60’s lively engines, stylish interior and many safety features, but they are disappointed in its lack of cargo space or rear-seat legroom.
Powering the 2016 Volvo V60 is a turbocharged four-cylinder engine that reviewers report delivers strong acceleration and plenty of power. An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard, and test drivers say it shifts smoothly. A turbocharged six-cylinder engine, a six-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive are optional.
The four-cylinder V60 earns an EPA-estimated 25/37 mpg city/highway, which is excellent for a wagon. Auto journalists write the V60 pairs a smooth ride with refined handling, especially when equipped with the optional Sport package.
Reviewers report the 2016 V60’s cabin has a refined, yet simple design fitted with premium materials. The front seats are some of the most comfortable in the class, according to critics. However, legroom is lacking in the rear seat, they add, and the cargo area’s size doesn’t match many competitors’.
The V60 comes standard with HD Radio, satellite radio, a USB port, Bluetooth, dual-zone automatic climate control, a power moonroof and an infotainment system with a 7-inch display. Volvo’s low-speed collision avoidance system, City Safety, is also standard. Optional features include a dual-screen rear-seat entertainment system, navigation, a Harman Kardon audio system, forward collision warning with automatic braking, pedestrian and cyclist detection, adaptive cruise control, driver drowsiness monitoring, a rearview camera, front and rear parking sensors with active park assist, lane keep assist, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert and a system that reads signs to warn drivers when they exceed the speed limit.
- "The V60's fuel-efficient engine, sporty manners and luxurious interior making it a fitting rival to the BMW 328i, while the new V60 Cross Country looks to muscle in on the Subaru Outback Limited and Audi Allroad. Available all-wheel drive (AWD) is another strong selling point for the V60. Toss in Volvo's stellar safety reputation, and you have a vehicle any family would be proud to pass down to future generations." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "With its comfortable ride, impressive fuel efficiency and superb safety features, the 2016 Volvo V60 is an appealing alternative to either small luxury sedans or crossovers." -- Edmunds
- "If all wagons were like the V60 and had the performance driving dynamics with the practicality to justify its purchase, maybe the rebirth of the segment will come quicker than expected. The V60 isn't perfect, as the score reflects. But it's a good start to the revival." -- Jalopnik (2015)
- "Best of all, the 2015 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E is better than any Volvo wagon you remember thanks to a livelier, premium-quality personality and a new Drive-E powertrain that squeezes out more mpg from its engine without squeezing out the fun in the process." -- Automobile Magazine (2015)
Other Wagons to Consider
Critics praise the Subaru Outback for its spacious rear seat and class-leading cargo room. The Outback comes standard with all-wheel drive and test drivers report it has impressive traction on slippery roads.
The Volkswagen Golf Sportwagen has athletic handling, according to reviewers, and they note its cabin is spacious and has a large rear seat. The Golf Sportwagen also offers more cargo space than the V60.
Details: 2016 Volvo V60
The 2016 Volvo V60 seats five and is available in two models: T5 Drive-E and T6 AWD R-Design. The T5 Drive-E comes equipped with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, an eight-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive and is available in three trims: base, Premier and Platinum. The T6 AWD R-Design has a turbocharged 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine, a six-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive and is available in two trims: base and Platinum. The Volvo V60 was introduced last year, so this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2015 and 2016 model years.
Research Prices: 2016 Volvo V60
Over 75,000 car shoppers have purchased a car through the U.S. News Best Price Program. Our pricing beat the national average 86% of the time with shoppers receiving average savings of $3,279 off MSRP across vehicles. See what others paid for the Volvo V60 and get upfront pricing to make sure you don't overpay. Learn More »
$2,372 - $3,275
Next Steps: Volvo V60
- View the best prices for the 2016 Volvo V60
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2016 Volvo V60
- Search used Volvo V60 for sale (465 listings)
- See Wagons rankings
- New Car Deals Lease Deals Used Car Deals