Volvo XC90 Recalls & Reliability
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
AIR BAGS:SIDE/WINDOWRecall Date: 06/02/2015
- Summary: Volvo Cars of N.A., LLC (Volvo) is recalling certain model year 2016 Volvo XC90 vehicles manufactured January 27, 2015, to May 19, 2015. The affected vehicles have front seats whose wiring harness for the Side Impact Protection System (SIPS) may have been routed incorrectly.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 584
- Consequence: If the wiring harness is routed incorrectly, the wiring may be damaged, disabling the front seat side impact air bag, and increasing the risk of injury to the seat occupant in the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the front seat side impact air bag.
- Remedy: Volvo will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the routing of the SIPS wiring, correcting the routing and installing a protective sleeve as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on June 30, 2015. Owners may contact Volvo customer service at 1-800-458-1552. Volvo's number for this recall is R89571.
- Dates of Manufacture JAN 26, 2015 to MAY 18, 2015
- Manufacturer Recall Number: R89571
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 15V342000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2016 Volvo XC90 is backed by a four-year/50,000-mile limited warranty.