Best Compact SUV Deals in March
March is almost over, and many car shoppers will be at dealerships this weekend looking for a great deal on a new or used vehicle. New-car sales in March are at the highest level since 2007, according to Kelley Blue Book, who also says that high gas prices are driving consumers toward small, fuel-efficient vehicles.
“March traditionally is a strong month as consumers cash-in their tax returns and head to dealerships for the latest model-year vehicles,” Kelley Blue Book says in a statement. “Kelley Blue Book expects this March will be especially strong due to high consumer demand for fuel-efficient models and interest in popular redesigns such as the Toyota Camry, along with improving supply conditions and attractive finance opportunities.”
“Consumers who wanted a new vehicle, but were cautiously sitting on the sidelines, are entering the market and feeling more confident about buying,” says Kristen Andersson, senior analyst at TrueCar.com.
Best Purchase Deals:
- 2012 Nissan Rogue: 0% financing for up to 60 months or 0.9% for up to 72 months
- 2012 Mazda CX-7: 0% financing for up to 60 months
- 2012 Volkswagen Tiguan: 0.9% financing for up to 60 months
- 2012 Toyota RAV4: 0% financing for 36 months or 1.9% financing for up to 60 months in many regions
- 2012 Chevrolet Equinox: 2.9% financing for up to 60 months (applies to Equinox with LFW)
Best Lease Deals:
- 2012 Honda CR-V: $239 a month for 36 months with $2,799 due at signing
- 2012 Subaru Forester: $249 a month for 42 months with $1,949 due at signing
- 2012 Hyundai Tucson: $259 a month for 36 months with $2,699 due at signing (applies to Tucson 2.4 GLS FWD with automatic transmission)
- 2012 GMC Terrain: $269 a month for 39 months with $1,529 due at signing (applies to Terrain with LEA)
- 2012 Kia Sportage: $229 a month for 36 months with $2,499 due at signing (applies to Sportage LX 2.4L with automatic transmission)
Shopping for an affordable compact SUV or a luxury compact SUV? Check out the U.S. News rankings of this year's best cars. Then, look for a great deal on a new car by checking out this month’s best car deals. You can also skip negotiating with a dealer by using our Best Price Program. Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook.